- You can set up connect with forwarding on an Android cell phone so it transfers your phone calls to Google Voice or a different mobile phone.
- Get in touch with forwarding is crafted into the Cell phone app’s settings.
- You can also modify connect with forwarding options utilizing dial codes in the Mobile phone app or employing a 3rd-party app like Phone Divert.
- Take a look at Insider’s Tech Reference library for a lot more tales.
Most of the time, you almost certainly want your cell phone phone calls to arrive on, you know, your cellular phone. But there are a shocking amount of events when you may possibly want a get in touch with to your Android phone to truly ring on a diverse range — these types of as if you are traveling, or want the call to go to
. On most Android phones, it truly is effortless to established up get in touch with forwarding, as prolonged as your cellular strategy supports the element.
How to set up get in touch with forwarding on Android utilizing Cellphone app settings
Versions of Android change, but it’s generally easy to established up get in touch with forwarding applying Android’s Cell phone app.
1. Begin the Cell phone app.
2. Faucet the 3-dot icon at the major of the page and then tap Configurations.
3. Faucet Phone calls.
4. On the Call configurations site, tap Phone forwarding. You now have quite a few solutions, and can decide on the just one that very best suits your demands.
- Usually forward: Enter the number you would like to forward all incoming phone calls to and tap Change On. Most of the time, if you want to set up call forwarding, this is the 1 you will alter.
- When occupied: Enter the selection to connect with only if this Android cellular phone range is hectic. This is likely now established to your voicemail range.
- When unanswered: Enter the number to connect with if you do not choose up the cell phone. This is probably presently set to your voicemail quantity.
- When unreachable: If your cellphone is in airplane manner, turned off, or has no cellular sign, it’s going to ahead listed here. This is also almost certainly by now set to your voicemail selection.
How to established up connect with forwarding on Android applying dial codes
Just before smartphones and application-primarily based voicemail became well-liked, it was popular to use dial codes to “application” your telephone to accessibility widespread options. You can nevertheless manually established your phone to ahead calls making use of a dial code if you want to.
In most conditions, you can ahead all incoming phone calls to your Android cell phone to another range by dialing *72 followed by the 10-digit mobile phone number you want to ahead to. For instance:
If it can be successful, you can listen to a sequence of beeps and the phone will disconnect.
To terminate phone forwarding, repeat the procedure but use *73, these as:
3rd-party applications for phone forwarding on Android
As a basic rule, you almost certainly do not will need to use a third-occasion app to conduct get in touch with forwarding, but you can use them if you are not able to locate the call forwarding options on your mobile phone and you choose to have a very simple interface alternatively than coming into a dial code in your Mobile phone application.
A couple uncomplicated and absolutely free apps which set up contact forwarding incorporate:
- Call Divert – Forwarding: Get in touch with Divert has icons for enabling and disabling contact forwarding along with a handful of other options and a useful checklist of dial codes you can use to regulate different functions on your cell phone.
- Simply call Forwarding: Call Forwarding is a very simple app that has two buttons: just one to established up connect with forwarding and yet another to disable it.